Spring is right around the corner and I am craving dishes that are light and healthy in anticipation of the fresh produce that will soon be available. These lettuce wraps are easy, delicious and satisfying. You wont even miss the bread!
For this recipe you will need:
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Victoria Taylor’s Ginger Citrus Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced or chopped
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions with tops
- 1 head iceberg or Boston lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts (optional)
For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, soy sauce, Ginger Citrus Seasoning and sugar in small bowl.
Whisk until well blended.
Prepare all vegetables. Place carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, radishes and scallions into a large serving bowl.
To serve, top each lettuce leaf with salad ingredients.
Drizzle with dressing and roll up. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired, set aside.
Tip: For a main dish meal, add 3 cups shredded cooked chicken.