Did you know that January is National Soup Month? I am not sure what the origin of soup month is but I do know that I have been in the mood to make and eat a lot of it in recent weeks. In honor of National Soup Month I am going to dedicate this week to posting soup/stew recipes. I hope you enjoy!
For this recipe you will need:
- 4 oz Pancetta, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, ½ inch dice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. Victoria Taylor’s Sicilian Seasoning
- 1 can cannellini beans (14 oz)
- 1 can cannellini beans (14 oz), mashed
- 1 lg. can (28 oz) plum tomatoes
- ¾ cup tubetti pasta or mini penne
- Parmesan cheese for garnish, grated
- Italian Parsley for garnish, coarsely chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
In the pan used for pancetta, sauté the onion, carrots, and garlic for 5 minutes. Stir in the Sicilian seasoning.
In a large soup pot, combine the pancetta, onion mixture, chicken broth, whole and mashed cannellini beans, and tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the pasta and cook 10-15 minutes until just cooked. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
This soup can be made ahead of time without the pasta. Reserve the pasta and add it to the soup according to directions right before serving.